1.Characteristics of aquatic feed
There are also multiple configurations. Floating fish feed pellet machine can process various aquatic feeds, such as ornamental fish feed, aquaculture fish feed, etc. According to the nature of fish feed products, it is divided into sinking fish feed and floating fish feed; it is an ideal equipment selection for the aquaculture industry.
Floating fish feed making machine does not require boilers, occupies a small area, and is easy to operate. It is a step-type fish feed production line with different yields, price, the daily output is 1-5 tons, which meets the production demand of 0-30,000 acre of aquaculture feed.
When choosing floating fish feed making machine, we must first understand the many characteristics of aquatic feed:
- Small pellet size. Due to the short digestive tract of aquatic animals and related physiological characteristics, in order to speed up digestion and absorption, fish feed should be crushed with a smaller pellet size than livestock and poultry feed. （Related post: floating fish feed making machine）
- High in protein and low in carbohydrates. The protein content of livestock and poultry feeds is generally less than 20%, while the protein content of aquatic animal feeds is mostly 30% to 40%, and the protein content of turtle and eel feeds is as high as 65% to 70%.
- The pellet feed made by floating fish feed pellet machine has a compact structure, high cohesiveness and water resistance. For shrimp feed, the stability of the pellet feed in water for more than 2 hours is required to produce high-quality aquatic feed. Only the use of extruded fish feed can achieve water stability sexual effect.
- It must rely on scientific and reasonable processing technology and combine it with advanced, reliable and stable floating fish feed pellet machine. In this regard, the choice of floating fish feed pellet machine is particularly critical.
1.Why use floating fish feed pellet machine?
With the development of aquaculture in the direction of scale, intensification and specialization, its requirements for aquaculture feeds are getting higher and higher. Traditional powder compound feeds, granular compound feeds and other types of compound feeds all exist the disadvantages of poor water stability, fast sedimentation, easy to cause feed loss and water pollution, etc., have become more and more unsuitable for the development of modern aquaculture.
And extruded fish feed made by floating fish feed pellet machine solves these disadvantages, more and more aquaculture farmers and floating fish feed mill installs floating fish feed extruder machine. Wet process twin-screw floating fish feed pellet machine, the output can reach 1800-2500kg/h in one hour. （Related post：twin screw extruder for sale）
The dry process does not require a boiler. The wet process of floating fish feed pellet machine requires a boiler, with high output and uniform aging, which can be selected according to customer requirements. The raw materials are generally corn and wheat bran, and fish meal and other formulas can be added according to customer requirements.
The size range of fish feed that can be produced: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm-10mm (customized molds according to customer requirements)
Scope of application: It can produce and process catfish feed, grass carp feed, crucian carp feed, tilapia feed, ornamental fish, turtle feed, rabbit feed, bullfrog and other aquarium feed pellets. Floating fish feed, sinking fish feed.
2.Advantages of floating fish feed pellet machine
- After more than ten years of experience and continuous research, the screw of the floating fish feed extruder produced by Richi Machinery has high wear resistance, and is made of special materials and special processes. Greatly reduces the breeding cost of processing households.
- The gearbox of the twin-screw floating fish feed pellet machine adopts the same grinding gear as the car, which has high wear resistance and low failure rate. There will be no damage after four or five years of use.
- Twin-screw aquaticfloating fish feed pellet machine is composed of feeding system—extrusion system—rotary cutting system—heating system—transmission system—control system
- Each part of floating fish feed pellet machine has been designed very reasonably in Richi Machinery combined with 25 years of production experience. Such as the rotary cutting part, the product cutting is stable, and the spiral parts have high wear resistance.
- The feeding system, rotary cutting system and drive system all adopt frequency conversion speed regulation, which can run smoothly and save energy.
- Automatic lubrication of floating fish feed pellet machine reduces mechanical energy consumption and prolongs service life.
- Our feeding system of floating fish feed pellet machine adopts double-screw forced feeding, the feeding is uniform and wide.
- The screw of floating fish feed making machine is made of high wear-resistant alloy steel 38CrMoAl, which has been nitrided.
- High strength and wear resistance. Anti-fatigue and long service life.
- Different screw length-to-warp ratios are suitable for different process requirements.
2. Process flow of floating fish feed mill
Feeding — crushing — buffer bin — superfine mill — vibrating screen — bin — screw feeder — double shaft paddle mixer — buffer bin — screw conveyor — bucket elevator- –wet floating fish feed pellet machine–Air Conveyor-5*8m Steam Dryer–Cooler
Floating fish feed mill configuration:
- Small floating fish feed production line includes powder mixer, floating fish feed pellet machine, dryer, oil spray seasoning machine, etc.
- Medium floating fish feed production line includes pulverizer, powder mixer, floating fish feed pellet machine, dryer, cooler, vibrating screen, fuel injector, packaging, etc.
- lLarge-scale floating fish feed production line include automatic batching, crushing and mixing, puffing and drying, floating fish feed pellet machine, cooling and oil spraying, automatic packaging, etc.
3. What is extruded feed?
Extruded feed is a new technology of feed processing. It is a process of processing into feed through extrusion to generate high temperature and high pressure. （Related post：animal feed mill plant）
1.First, floating fish feed pellet machine was developed in the 1930s for the production of pasta. It was later modified to produce animal feed and human food such as snacks, candy.
Due to its high flexibility, the extrusion process can produce foods of varying degrees of fat, density, shape and size, and it can also produce a wide variety of feeds, including floating, semi-floating, and sinking feeds.
Extrusion technology of floating fish feed pellet machine has been used to produce shrimp feed since the early 1970s, but it has not been widely used because it swells after extrusion, causing the feed to float on the water for long periods of time.
In order to reduce the buoyancy of the feed, fish feed manufacturers must reduce the starch content, which leads to increased raw material costs. But with the continuous development of floating fish feed pellet machine extrusion technology.
These shortcomings have been greatly improved, such as adjusting the design and speed of the screw, changing the configuration of the mold and the components of the vacuum heat sink. At present, it is possible to produce extruded feed for shrimp with a density equal to that of pelleted feed.
Extruded feed made by floating fish feed pellet machine can reduce the cost of raw materials to a certain extent. First, a lot of wheat starch can be replaced with cheaper starch.
2.Secondly, due to the humidity, temperature and high pressure of the floating fish feed pellet machine, easily digestible substances can be produced, which facilitates the digestion and absorption process.
After the extruded feed is expanded, it can produce a substance that improves appetite. This creates the potential to produce a more attractive shrimp feed without relying on expensive protein. Due to the continuous progress of extrusion technology, the cost of producing extruded feed is expected to be further reduced.
At the same time, the advantages of extruded feed in sterilization are unmatched by pellet feed. As a result, floating fish feed pellet machine are expected to become increasingly popular.